2020 Influenza Vaccination at Bayswater Family Practice
Influenza (flu) vaccination is recommended for ALL Australians over 6 months age
Influenza (flu) vaccination is strongly recommended and the vaccine available for free for :
- Children aged < 5 years and adults aged > 65 years
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People with medical conditions that increase the risk of influenza, eg chronic cardiac, respiratory and neurologic conditions, diabetes, impaired immunity
- Women who are pregnant.
2020 Vaccination availability at Bayswater Family Practice - updated 22nd April 2020
- Influenza vaccination (flu vax) is recommended to be given in April, May or June.
- Flu vax for over 65 yr olds is back in stock as of 22nd April 2020.
- Flu vax for all eligible groups as above is available
- Flu Vax for children under 5 years is now available
- Our next Saturday morning flu vax clinics are scheduled for 2nd May, 9th May, 16th May
- Flu vax also can be given as part of a normal consultation Monday to Friday
- Flu vax is available on private prescription from community pharmacies.