2021 Influenza Vaccination at Bayswater Family Practice
Influenza (flu) vaccination is recommended for ALL Australians over 6 months age
Influenza (flu) vaccination is strongly recommended and the vaccine available for free for :
- Children aged < 5 years and adults aged > 65 years
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People with medical conditions that increase the risk of influenza, eg chronic cardiac, respiratory and neurologic conditions, diabetes, impaired immunity
- Women who are pregnant.
2021 Vaccination availability at Bayswater Family Practice - updated 21 March 2021
- Influenza vaccination (flu vax) is recommended to be given in April, May or June.
- Our Saturday morning flu vax clinics are scheduled to start from Saturday 10th April 2021
- Flu vax also can be given as part of a normal consultation Monday to Friday
- Flu vax is available on private prescription from community pharmacies.